Which SCHED_ for DB server

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Sep 6 06:47:43 PDT 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>Interesting.
>>An, by the way, what are the benefits of ULE at this moment? Is it still
>>a more experimental scheduler for the far future on SMP based machines
>>or do we have benefits in UP/SMP?
>

> It was supposed to provide higher performance (and did for a while,
> modulo panics), but at the moment it still needs work.
>
> Kris

Thanks everyone for the comments. BTW, this is only a minimal SMP system
(2 way Opteron), so not sure whether it'd make much difference anyway.
using 4BSD for now until I have some real-world apps running in order to
test.

btw, any chance of other schedulers being added to fbsd, like the
staircase sched found in linux , or maybe others? (not offering as I
can't code @ that level, just curious)

thanks again,
beto