amd64/87898: Failt to init X: can't open device/io

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Oct 25 15:25:22 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 16:51, Vivek Khera wrote:

> it caught me by surprise, too, when some commands were failing to
> run.  google helped me out, though, because it is asked and answered
> so often...
>
> it should be more prominent in the UPGRADING file, though.  i
> normally don't adjust my custom kernel config files between minor
> version releases.

don't know and do not agree either ...

any version comes wit GENERIC and this changes are correctly adviced by beeing
set device io and mem in it

we are talking 6.0 I guess and this was an issue from 5.2.1 to 5.3 so IMO your
claim is almost a year too late and this is not exactly an amd64-issue

joão