Linux Boinc and project climateprediction.net

Johan Granlund johan at granlund.nu
Tue Nov 29 19:06:46 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to run Linux Boinc and project climateprediction.net.

When boinc starts the climateprediction.net application I get the
following messages:

Starting model in
/usr/compat/linux/opt/BOINC/projects/climateprediction.net...
Created shared memory region key = 77930
Can't setup pointer to .so shared memory sulphur_4.21_i686-pc-linux-gnu:
undefined symbol:
setupSharedMem!
Can't setup pointer to .so graphics cleanup
sulphur_4.21_i686-pc-linux-gnu: undefined symbol:
graphics_thread_cleanup
Copying files for startup...
Starting model ID sulphur_dh6t_000628805   Phase 1
Waiting for model startup, this may take a minute...
and there it hangs. I can see that a sulphur.... is started, but it dont
seem to do anything useful.

Is there a limitation on shared memory usage, or is I missing something
in my configuration?

The machine is running 7-Current/amd64

/Johan