directions

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 27 22:28:16 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 03:10:29PM -0500, Ranko Sredojevic wrote:

> Any ideas on lpd/lpq problem? I sent various things out to print... More or
> less succesfully... :\
> I use the simplest filter: cat, trying to send .ps to the printer. Sometimes
> it prints the whole
> document... sometimes just part of it... (for longer ones) I haven't managed
> to get more
> than 8 pages (4 sheets) in one print? Any ideas?

Is it a parallel port printer? If so, set your parallel port into
polling mode: lptcontrol -p -d /dev/lpt0.ctl

If that works, set the following in /boot/device.hints:

hint.ppc.0.flags="0x20"

and it will be put into polling mode at boot.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt