Problem with samba on amd64

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:08:32 GMT 2005

> we have a Sun Fire V20Z with dual Opteron.
> We use FreeBSD 5.4. We tried both the single processor and the SMP kernel.
> We experience very high load with samba 3.0.20b
> and 3.0.14a. This the top of our top command:

I had (unrelated) problems with samba ver. 3, some files disappeared
in the windows explorer, but were present on the samba-server,
client-connections stalled. So I downgraded to ver. 2 which works for
me.

This is on FreeBSD 5.4 release on the amd64-port. So if there aren't
fetatures in ver. 3 you need you could try ver. 2 instead.

regards
Claus