Hardware RAID support? Which controller best to use?

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Mon Nov 21 15:30:59 GMT 2005

8600 is P-ATA, (aka ATA, aka EIDE - 80pin IDE ribbon, 8 drives, one per channel
(no use of master/slave).

Quite well supported, but does not use S-ATA drives, and does nto perform nearly
as well. To be honest though, havn't used one since like FreeBSD 3.X days myself...

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.