IPSec panic?

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:09:44 PST 2005

On 11/16/05, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 12:50:42AM +0300, Andrew P. wrote:
> > I'm gravely sorry to annoy. I've googled for a little
> > while and found out that IPSec panics are a known
> > issue on amd64. Is it still so?
> >
> > I was surprised that setkey -D causes panic and
> > a memory dump on my 6-Stable box. Come on,
> > it's _FreeBSD_ for crying out loud. We can't live
> > with that.
> >
> > I'm willing to help debugging this nasty thing if
> > help's needed.
>
> Start by determining whether an adequately documented PR (with
> backtrace, etc) is filed on this issue, and if not, then file one.

It's a relief that you don't know about it. I have to
hope that I've done something wrong. I'm compiling
latest stable world/kernel now, then I might want
to try 6.0-release.

Well, there are some PR's:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?text=ipsec

Some are close to what I see, none are exactly
similar, but they are all very outdated.

Actually, I've never sent a proper bug-related PR,
so I'll need some hand-holding support from a
kind soul. I can cvsup to anything, recompile to
anything and I might be able to get a serial console.
root access is not impossible to provide.

Still, give me some time so I can rule out some
very simple mistakes.