Marvell, well...

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Wed Nov 9 05:33:14 PST 2005

Android wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am a lucky owner of mobo Asus P5LD2. To make me more happy could only
> working network adapter
> Marvel 88E8053 Yukon PCI-E Gigabit under FreeBSD-6.0-Stable (amd64).
> After
> googling I've understood,
> there's no efficient solution in my case except to install another
> adapter. Maybe somebody has
> found any solution?
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD callisto 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #10: Tue Nov  8 07:34:49
> EET 2005     root at callisto:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/callisto  amd64

I have a an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with two ethernet controllers. On of
them is similar to yours, Windows says it is a "Marvell Yukon
88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller". FreeBSD recognizes
both of my ethernet cards, the nVidia is called nve0 and the Marvell is
called sk0. Anyway, I haven't used it so I can't prove it works well.

Cheers,

Gabor Kovesdan