Reproduceable freeze with quotas enabled

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Sat Nov 5 01:21:37 PST 2005

Hello,

Attila Nagy wrote:
> Robert Watson wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Attila Nagy wrote:
>>> I have an "easily" (at least to me) reproduceable freeze with both
>>> 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT on an amd64 SMP machine.
>>> What I do is simply copy a lot of directories, files and symlinks
>>> with different uids from another machine to this one, using rsync.
>> This is probably a vnode lock leak or deadlock.  As it looks like you
>> have both the ability to get into the debugger and also a serial or
>> other remote console, the output of:
>>   show allpcpu
>>   alltrace
>>   show lockedvnods
>>   show allocks
>> would be helpful.  There are also "options DEBUG_LOCKS" which extends
>> the debugging information available via "show lockedvnods" with
>> information about where the lock was acquired, which can be quite
>> helpful.
http://people.fsn.hu/~bra/freebsd/crash-20051105/crashlog

I've put all together in this file.

Tell me please if I can do anything to make the issue more clear.

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Adopt a directory on our free software         phone: +3630 306 6758