64bit loader

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Tue May 31 05:17:34 PDT 2005

Hi,
as it seems we are building the amd64 loader in i386 compatible
mode (compiling -m32...)
This breaks the building of testmain in sys/boot/ficl at least
as -m32 doesnt seem to be well supported until now on amd64.

Wouldn't is be possible to switch to 64bit long mode in the
boot0 loader and building the /boot/loader using the amd64
native formats?
(Like the way we switch to protected mode in btx)

(I'm trying to use and upgrade our ficl loader BTW)

BTW2: Our sys/boot hierarchy isn't very intuitive to start with...

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com