FreeBSD on dual core Opterons - stupid buildworld test

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Fri May 20 09:55:34 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 06:47:05PM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> David O'Brien wrote:
> >I'm taking care of this.  Please no one commit any AMD Dual-core related
> >patches (especially WRT HTT) with out passing them by me.
> Do you have any preliminary patches? Access to hardware?

Yes I have hardware - since March.

Everyone should note that difference of dual-core vs. single core doesn't
matter one bit for FreeBSD.  We don't have NUMA support, which is what is
required to care about the difference between 1x dual-core & 2x
single-core (or 2x dual-core & 4x single-core) Opteron.

For 6.0-RELEASE (which branches June 1, 2005), I'm going to just have the
kernel ignore that dual-core Opteron sets the HTT feature flag.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)