FreeBSD 5.4R fails to run i386 binaries. Missing ld-elf32.so.1

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat May 14 11:56:10 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:04:14PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Adri Koppes, and lo! it spake thus:

> Thanks for you information. I'm glad to know buildworld will at
> least produce the required loader and libraries. Where you using
> FreeBSD 5.4 when trying this?

Well, this was originally on 5.3 (had to install i386, since amd64
didn't have boot floppy images  ;p), but I've since updated it to a
post-5.4 RELENG_5 and it still worked as expected.

> I don't really wanna do a make buildworld on a production server, so
> if that's the only way to get the required loader and libs, I guess
> I'll have to try and find another amd64 test server and copy the
> required files from there to the production server.

Well, doing a buildworld isn't that big a deal; you don't even have to
upgrade, since you could just build the source for the current version
you have and install it.  You shouldn't even have to reboot in that
case, since the new binaries are the same as the old.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net