Tyan k8sr lockups

Gary Mu1der gmulder at infotechfl.com
Thu Mar 31 11:26:42 PST 2005

All,

Pulled 2GB of RAM and the system still hangs after a few seconds of
running the dd w/4GB RAM and amd64 generic on FreeBSD 5.3-REL.

Upgraded the kernel to:

$ uname -a
FreeBSD d10.bidx.com 5.4-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE #0: Thu Mar
31 13:55:10 EST 2005     root at d10.bidx.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
  amd64

... and got the exact same hang w/4GB of RAM and 5.4-PRE...

Can someone/anyone with a Tyan motherboard and 1 or 2 CPUs (I'm
currently using the non-SMP GENERIC kernel even though I have dual
Opteron 246's) try to reproduce this problem when running:

	dd if=/dev/mem of=/dev/null bs=1024k

Thanks,
Gary