[OT] memtest86 (Was: Problems with AMD64 and 8 GB RAM?)

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Wed Mar 30 22:15:11 PST 2005

Thus spake Mike Hunter (mhunter at ack.Berkeley.EDU) [30/03/05 18:46]:
: This reminds me, I noticed that gentoo includes a memtest86 "kernel" in
: their install ISO.  Would this be a hard feature to include in FreeBSD?

In the case of AMD64, it'd be almost pointless.  I've not yet been able to
run a copy of memtest86 on my machine (though it could have been due to
memory problems at the time).

memtest86+[1] works great, though.  It's a fork from memtest86.

[1] http://www.memtest.org/