Compaq R3000Z keyboard doesn't work without DSDT patch

Nicolas Blais nb_root at videotron.ca
Sat Mar 26 08:17:31 PST 2005

Hi,

Without the following lines in loader.conf:
acpi_dsdt_load="YES"
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/DSDT.aml"

and of course in device.hints:
hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9"

and Jung-uk Kim's r3000z-asl.diff found on this list, my keyboard not work at
all but the booting process is fine and I can move my mouse, log on thru ssh
etc...
I was under the impression that 5.4 would be "R3000 friendly" and that the
only things needed were hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9" in device.hints and the
powernow module (which stays at 800mhz while acpi_ppc works). Is there
something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nicolas.