hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9" (was Re: R3000Z Laptop Status)

Astrodog astrodog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:17:08 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:10:08 -0800 (PST), Neil Short <neshort at yahoo.com> wrote:
> thanks!
> That's a real good map for me to follow.
> Seriously. I finally think I'm walking down a road
> that goes somewhere.
> -N

> > Do this:
> >
> > Escape to loader.
> > set hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
> > set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x9"
> > boot
> >
> > For ACPI support, you'll need to install the DSDT
> > fix... I think thats
> > still on the lists.
> > I also suggest building and installing the
> > powernow.ko module for K8.

Reposting to main list, so its on here. I can confirm, that the
R3000Zs are supported great under 5.4 and 6-CURRENT, however.

Onboard ethernet is caught by rl, sound is snd_ich. You'll want the
powernow kernel module for powernow support, which then allows you to
select 800 Mhz, 1600 Mhz, and 1800 Mhz, (On the Athlon64 3000 line).