Consistant buildworld Segmentation fault at '===> gnu/usr.bin/cc/cpp' after latest RELENG_5 cvsup

Aaron Daubman daubman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:42:42 GMT 2005

Sorry for the many replies.  I forgot to mention one thing that might help:

While the build process consistently dies in:
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cpp

It's actually make that cores, not gcc...
...if that makes a difference =)

I did not compile make with "DEBUG_FLAGS=-g" so this probably isn't
useful, but gdb returns:
---
# gdb /usr/bin/make /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cpp/make.core
[snip]
This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging
symbols found)...
Core was generated by `make'.
#0  0x0000000000436e52 in ?? ()
---