Is -O2 supported for world?

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 5 21:51:31 GMT 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 08:16:54PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > -O2 produces broken code on amd64 anyway, and a number of ports will
> > fail to build or run when world is compiled with -O2, with or without
> > -fno-strict-aliasing.
>
> No trouble here...

The problems were publicized last year but no action taken since; a
number of ports such as perl 5.6 do not build when world was built
with -O2, but build when world is built with -O.  I have had to use
local modifications on my amd64 package build source trees ever since
for this reason.

Kris

    -- Charles Forsythe <forsythe at alum.mit.edu>