AMD64/rel 5.3 - setting up Linux compatibility

dR dystopianrebel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 10:05:05 GMT 2005

I need OpenOffice so I'm trying to set up Linux
compatibility for AMD64/FreeBSD 5.3 Release, I've
modified, rebuilt and installed the kernel and
rebooted.

I followed these instructions:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html

as well as these:

http://people.freebsd.org/~tjr/linux32.html

and any other pertinent links in the above articles.

Following the reboot, when I type "linux" (linux KLD
object), I get "command not found".

kldstat does not show linux.ko.

Would someone please suggest what I might check? I am
sure that the kernel file has the documented entries.

Thanks... I hope all tonight's good insomnia was not
wasted. :o)

Marko