AMD64 X2

Gary Jennejohn garyj at jennejohn.org
Wed Jun 29 13:11:57 GMT 2005

Jia-Shiun Li writes:
> I suppose you meant A8V Deluxe. Asus have Athlon64 X2 on their list of
> supported CPUs, all you need is to update BIOS:

Thanks for responding.
Yes, I did mean A8V Deluxe.

> http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8V%20Deluxe
>
> All Socket 939 boards should be able to use X2 after updating BIOS.

Should support and do support are horses of a different color. That's
why I inquired on this ML.

I don't really want to spend the bucks on an X2 only to find that it
doesn't work, even though I'm using the latest BIOS (which I am). But,
nothing risked nothing gained.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde