freebsd-gfx-bugs@nvidia.com

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 16 17:54:18 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 01:24:39PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 09:44 am, Toll, Eric wrote:
> > freebsd-gfx-bugs at nvidia.com is the correct email address to
> > request an AMD64 FreeBSD AMD64 accelerated driver.
> >
> > I am using the ATI Radeon 9200 card with DRI for OpenGL.
> > (Thanks Roland!)  It's O..K.., but I'd rather have a Nvidia
> > card in there.  Perhaps all those with Nforce chipset issues
> > could also request support for FreeBSD AMD64 as well.

Be carefull what you wish for. The Radeon works on amd64 because the
driver is open source and a couple of us were able to dive into the code
and fix it (it had a small 32-bit-ness issue). If your binary-only
Nvidia driver breaks you have to wait for nvidia to release a fix.

Encouraging binary drivers is like building a skyscraper on
quicksand. IMHO it's better to do business with people who are willing
to release documentation.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.