What kind of MotherBoard is better for FreeBsd and linux?

Francisco francisco at natserv.net
Sat Jun 11 14:55:36 GMT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> I think the motherboards list could use a redesign so that it carries _more_
> information.

I think the design is fine, BUT it should be more specific. People should
report what they know to work. We should probably get rid of the
"functional" and "fully functional"... OR define what "fully functional"
means.

To me fully functional would imply that all functions of the motherboard
were tested:
-ATA drives
-SATA drives
-Status of RAID if the machine has one.
-LAN card
-Sound

For SMP boards it should be reported with at least 2 CPUs.
Users should also report how much memory they tested with.