Installing FreeBSD 5.4 on Compaq notebook...

Pedro Greco Ferlizi pferlizi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 12:30:25 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

I've tried a couple of times to install FreeBSD 5.4 on my Compaq Presario 3000 notebook but the system just gets to the boot options and shuts off immediately after I choose any of the boot options. Would someone know what is the problem and how to work it around? I think it is worth noting I am quite a newbie and thus not very confident on my abilities to tame this monster :-), meaning that your patience will be appreciated very much ;-).

Thanks,
Pedro Greco Ferlizi