Which motherboard for RAID in AMD64?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 15:49:37 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 17:32, you wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > Via KT800's embedded RAID which shows up as atapci1: <VIA 6420 SATA150
> > controller> works as a RAID controller; configure the RAID array before
> > installation and use ar0 as the device to install FreeBSD to.
> >
> > Promise 20378 RAID which shows up as atapci0: <Promise PDC20378 SATA150
> > controller> works as a RAID controller; same deal.
> >
> > My K8V has both of these controllers,
>
> I am a little confused. Do you have one of those onboard and the second as
> a pci card?

Lots of motherboards have two RAID controllers on board. See, the VIA KT800
chipset has one and some vendors add a second, like a promise, for added
value. 4 SATA connectors on the motherboard, on two different controllers.

> > my Gigabyte board only the VIA.
>
> Which model?

Mmm, you could look that up in the motherboard list, but it's the GA-K8VT800.
That one has only the VIA embedded RAID.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot