3ware cards work in AMD64 port?

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Tue Jun 7 04:51:19 GMT 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Freddie Cash wrote:

> If the load is low, and you only want RAID1, have you considered the
> software RAID capabilities of ccd(4), gmirror(8), and gvium(8)?

Not really.. Would they be able to mirror the boot partition?
The client agreed to pay for the RAID card. It would cost the client more
to have me learn how to use software RAID that it cost him to get the
card.. not to mention it will be easier to manage. :-)

Thanks for the feeback though.. I would be curious as to what can NOT be
done through software RAID(ie if it can not protect the boot partition).