3ware cards work in AMD64 port?

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Mon Jun 6 15:22:42 GMT 2005

Francisco Reyes
> Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 10:24 AM
> To: FreeBSD amd64 List
> Subject: 3ware cards work in AMD64 port?
>
> It seems the motheboard I got (SiI 3512 SATA150
controller)
> doesn't work in RAID with FBSD AMD64.
>
> Anyone got 3ware 2 port S-ATA working with their AMD64
FreeBSD?

Yep.  I've got an 8005-2LP working dare I say "perfectly"
with FBSD AMD64 5.4 Rel. I even am running the (newest beta)
3Ware 3DM2 web gui, and it will email me if the RAID set
gets into trouble.
I really like it.  You need a *64* Bit PCI slot to fully
utilize
the cards speed.  Harware XOR is nice.  Of course with dual
opteron 242's my CPU load has been very very low.  :)

I stated my system build with the 3Ware controller and
purchased
a Gigabyte MB (GA-7A8DW) as it was listed as tested/approved

on 3Wares site.

Also 3Ware recommended the WD RAID edition drives, I used
the
WD RAID ED SATA 250Gb 7200 8Mb Cache units (2), also use the

cables that come from 3Ware as they are better than average.

HTH
Eric