[CALL FOR TESTERS] ReiserFS on non-i386 hardware patch

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jspedron at club-internet.fr
Fri Jun 3 04:53:33 PDT 2005

Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 11:55 AM +0200 6/1/05, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I made a patch that should fix portability issues of ReiserFS but I
>> don't have access to all platforms supported by FreeBSD. I tested it
>> on sparc64 and Olivier Houchard tried it on arm.
>>
>> I would like to know if someone could test it and report any success
>> or failure?
>

> I tried it on PowerPC.  Following the instructions given by
> Jung-uk Kim <jkim at niksun.com>, it looks like it is working okay
> for me:

Did you try withtout Jung-uk Kim's workaround?

> Let me know if there's anything else I should test with it.

Thank you for your tests. You may try this with `motd' (small file which
fits inside a block, with its metadata):
	. cp motd /tmp (mmap(2))
	. compare md5 of motd and /tmp/motd (read(2))
You may do it again with `ls' which spans multiple bocks (these two
files are stored differently in ReiserFS).

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron
http://www.dumbbell.fr/

PGP Key: http://www.dumbbell.fr/pgp/pubkey.asc