3Ware 3dm tool

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Wed Jul 20 13:31:34 GMT 2005

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Vinod Kashyap wrote:
>
> > http://www.3ware.com/support/downloadpageeng.asp?SNO=2
>
> I got it installed and it seems to work.
> Is there any other way other than web interface to
interact
> with the program? Specially for remote access monitoring.
>
> Links browser doesn't work with the tool and I don't even
> have X on the machine. I will configure it to allow non
local
> connections, but only after I setup a firewall for the
> machine. It's already behind a firewall, but I figure
will
> just make a trivial rule to only allow a single machine in

> the office to connect to the port.

If the BSD box is already behind the firewall, then poke a
hole in the existing one to allow access to the GUI from
your machine or network from the internet. It doesn't really
matter because even if someone in the office inside LAN
found the 3Ware http server running on tcp 888 (obscure)
they'd need the credentials to do anything anyway. Setting
up a firewall on BSD is way more complicated than getting
the 3Ware software setup.

What's perhaps better/easier/more useful to you is to setup
the 3dm2 3Ware software so that it will E-mail you when it
gets into trouble or has a problem.  Then you do not need to
worry about it, constantly checking the http GUI.  This is
how mine is setup, it seems very trustworthy.

HTH
Eric