Dual core AMD64

Gary Jennejohn garyj at jennejohn.org
Fri Jul 15 20:43:32 GMT 2005

Mike writes:
> How might one enable to use of both cores in RELENG_5 or RELENG_6?

I have an X2 running in my ASUS A8V Deluxe. I merely set ``options SMP''
in my kernel config file. Or boot a GENERIC kernel, it has SMP already
defined.

I had to disable glx and dri in my xorg.conf, otherwise I experienced
hard hangs (had to punch reset). Unfortuantely, I can't seem to get
a serial console working, so I have no idea what was causing the hangs.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde