rfstool port should be marked broken

Laszlo Vitos vitos.laszlo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:30:04 GMT 2005

Hello,

In my attempt at using rfstool to read a reiserfs partition, after failing to
do so, I poked around the source for rfstool
in /usr/ports/sysutils/rfstool/work to try to find out the problem. It seems
that reiserfs.h defines U32 as unsigned long, which of course is not 32 bit
in size on amd64.
Someone should mark rfstool as broken (the same as progsreiserfs, which states
that it does not compile on !i386).

Until this gets fixed, is there any other alternative to read a reiserfs
partition on FreeBSD/amd64?

Thanks,
laca

P.S. This is FreeBSD/amd64 5.4-RELEASE, I did not check CURRENT.