Crontab behavior in AMD64

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Fri Jul 1 15:30:17 GMT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Do you happen to use LDAP on that machine, or have some
> other unusual user-authentication scheme configured?

No.

> There has been a similar case on the German FreeBSD-
> question mailing list recently (i.e. cron refusing to
> send mails, and the same error message from the MTA),
> and it turned out to be the fault of the local LDAP
> installation.

I am still trying to figure it out. What I find disconcerting is that it
seems the cron job fails because the email fails. The program I call in
cron runs fine if called from the command line.

Never had this problem on a i386 machine, that's why I thought maybe it
was AMD64.. but most likely it's a Postfix setting.