nForce3 (Compaq R3000) timer fix

Coleman Kane zombyfork at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:16:45 PST 2005

I would just like to state that you guys have all been quite helpful.
I have gotten FreeBSD/amd64 to work on both the Compaq Presario R3000
as well as my Gateway 7422GX. The Gateway and eMachines systems are
based upon the VIA K8HTB and are much friendlier than their Compaq/HP
counterparts. I am assembling a page of my experiences with both
machines at http://www.cokane.org/amd64.html.

I currently have:
  Gateway 7422GX - Working with ACPI, acpi_ppc, and nearly all
hardware minus the BCM card
  Compaq R3000 - Working with ACPI, acpi_ppc, keyboard, cardbus/pccard,
    still some hardware watchdog timeouts

The Compaq is coming along though. I'll post more info as it gets
working better. In two days of hacking at it, it is working better now
than any of the linux installs were able to work for the past year.

--
coleman