Failure on today's CVS (stable, AMD)

Michael R. Wayne amd64 at wayne47.com
Tue Jan 25 13:24:49 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:19:49PM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Michael R. Wayne wrote:
>
> > CVS today.  Dual Opteron running
> >    5.3-STABLE #3: Tue Nov 30 01:44:05 EST 2004
> >
> > Following the instructions in UPDATING, I get the following,
> > indicating a bad kernel.  2 questions:
> >
> > 1) Is this a known, corrected issue as of today?  I ran another
> >    CVSUP and did not see any changed to src.
>
> Looks like your SCSi controller stopped probing. You'll need to look at
> the dmesg more closely to identify why.

Followup for the archives.  The twa driver has known issues right
now, a fix is being worked on.  I received a patch and applied it,
which did indeed solve the problem.  My understanding is that this
patch should be committed later this week so if you are reading
this thread much after Feb 1, 2005 it likely does not apply.

/\/\ \/\/