Would this system work correctly with FreeBSD 5.3 ?

Hugo Silva adm at celeritystorm.com
Fri Jan 21 15:30:16 PST 2005

Hi list,

I'm buying a Quad AMD Opteron 64 bits, with 4GB memory. I'd like to know
if FreeBSD 5.3 will support a quad-cpu system (with HTT, 8) correctly,
without performance losses and consistent operation, no crashes etc. Is
the 4GB memory still a problem in amd64 ?

Lastly, I'd like to hear experiences of linux-compat games (such as
enemy territory, call of duty, halflife 2) running on FreeBSD-AMD64 --
Do they work correctly on this 64bit CPU system ?

I want to use FreeBSD as I use on all my servers, but I want to be sure
4 CPUs, 4GB of ram, and 64 bit architecture won't bring me any
stability/usability problems under AMD64.

Regards