5-STABLE or -CURRENT?

James R. Van Artsdalen james at jrv.org
Fri Jan 14 10:42:56 PST 2005

David O'Brien wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:18:47PM -0800, Paul Allen wrote:
>

>>I had experienced some issues with 5.3-Release vis-a-vis bad
>>bounce buffer panics.
>>
>>Am I correct in my read of the mailing list that 5.3-Stable
>>Resolves these issues?
>>

>Yes.

I have never succeeded in getting the bge NIC on the Tyan K8W to work
with more than 4GB of RAM in 5-stable (5.2.1 worked OK).  The system
seems fine booting single-user with 8 GB of RAM using the twa disk
driver, but the system locks up as soon as I do "sh /etc/netstart", at
the point that the bge driver should print that the Ethernet link is
established.