asr on amd64

Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra ketrien at error404.nls.net
Fri Jan 14 09:52:47 PST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Eirik Øverby wrote:

>> NO need to cross post.  Unless you see a statement otherwise -- nothing
>> has changed.  eBay a *real* RAID controller. ;-))
>
> Sorry. Already done.. And for the record, this *is* a "real" RAID controller;
> it's a real pity noone cares about upgrading the driver. It's a Ultra320 SCSI
> RAID controller card, used by many Tyan high-end Opteron motherboards.

(On three, cue the users..)

Ah, no. The 2105S is definitely not in the real RAID class. If it was really
all that good, other folks would be using it. For that matter, if it was any
good, Tyan would be using it on the S4882 instead of the LSI 53c1030 mpt(4)
with PCI-X Ultra320-0 amr(4) ZCR.

Either way, I recall Scott saying not too long ago, "asr(4) needs fixed on
amd64. Can anyone step up to fix it?" and being greeted with a chorus of
crickets. In other words, there is a shortage of people with the time and/or
resources to get this done, and I wouldn't expect to see any change in that
any time soon.

-Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra
Ozzy pages, "Our cafeteria posts its menu weekly on the internal web. The
page is marked 'CISCO CONFIDENTIAL'." to you.
Ozzy pages, "Competitors and customers must not find out what goes on in
Cisco's s3kr1t f00d labz!!!1!!11!!" to you.