RFC: if_ndis on amd64

Ville-Pertti Keinonen will at exomi.com
Thu Jan 13 11:47:45 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 10:42 -0800, william paul wrote:

> I have to sit down and do a bit of research on the amd64 calling
> conventions first. Right at the moment I don't have any better ideas,
> but I'll see what I can come up with.

Just for a quick reference, the ELF/Unix conventions are available at
(among other places):

http://www.x86-64.org/documentation

The Microsoft conventions can be found at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/kmarch/hh/kmarch/64bitAMD_6ec00b51-bf75-41bf-8635-caa8653c8bd9.xml.asp

(If the link doesn't work, try googling for "x64 calling conventions").

In any case, thank you for the excellent implementation of the NDIS API!
I was genuinely impressed by how everything seemed to work so easily
after I had fixed the few minor amd64 issues.

With no knowledge of any NDIS or Windows programming, in two evenings I
managed to get things working, just by trying things out and figuring
out (mostly by disassembling, googling and educated guesses) what was
going wrong. ;)

If you're ever in Finland, I'd be happy to buy you a drink or ten. :)
The same applies to other FreeBSD contributors, as well!