cfs on amd64

Ville-Pertti Keinonen will at exomi.com
Mon Jan 3 23:12:32 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 16:49 -0800, Patrick Lehner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't been able to get cfs (ports/security/cfs) to
> work on amd64.  Whether I import an existing cfs
> directory or create a new one with cmkdir, I always
> get an invalid key error when trying to cattach the
> directory.  It works fine on 5.x i386

There are a few 32 vs. 64-bit issues present.  Some time ago I modified
it so that it works (including mounting existing cfs directories).

I made the sources available as:

http://will.iki.fi/misc/cfs-1.4.1-64bit.tar.gz

To build, you can use the port, e.g.:

# cd /usr/ports/security/cfs
# make extract
# zcat /tmp/cfs-1.4.1-64bit.tar.gz | (cd work && pax -rv)
# cp work/cfs/* work/cfs-1.4.1
# make

Note that it requires COMPAT_43 in the kernel configuration (which is
not in amd64 GENERIC).

I'm not quite sure that the above is the latest version of the modified
source; if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to find a newer
version.