Word Processor on AMD64

Ernst W. Winter ewinter at ewinter.org
Sun Feb 27 18:48:16 GMT 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Damian Gerow wrote:

> Are there any good[1] word processors that are currently available
> for use on AMD64 systems?

Abiword no problems here as I use it also to convert to other formats
and it works wel, had no crash so far, I even loaded by accident a
*ps file and it it shoed it correctly.

> [1] By 'good' I mean stable (not a development branch), and able to
> read/write MS Word format.  It would be nice if it could do OO.org
> as well, as that's what all of my current docs are in.

What version of amd64 are you running? I use so far "5-STABLE", that
is up to date until today.

If you cvsup up to today, then recompile the whole lot inclusive a
new kernel I would say most of your problems will go away.

The only difference is that I have a ASUS board A8V Delux with single
939 CPU, if that should make a difference, but I doubt it.

Ernst