FreeBSD 4.? or 5.? for a quad AMD-OPTERON 848

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Fri Feb 25 10:02:22 GMT 2005

dkouroun at cc.uoi.gr wrote:
> I just bought a quad AMD Opteron 848 server. I am interested
> in running numerically intensive programs which write large files
> (about 128MB) of scientific data on the hard disk and simulations last for
> -3 days! What I desperately need is having intel-icc doing well its OpenMP
> job in FreeBSD as well it does in Linux!
If you want to generate AMD64 code (EM64T) with Intel icc, you have to
wait. Alexander Leidinger is currently working on the issues which arose
with the 32 bit Linux icc binary on FreeBSD/AMD64.

I am eagerly waiting for his patches :)

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Adopt a directory on our free software   phone @work: +361 371 3536