vrele: negative ref cnt (was: Re: Crash dumps not working correctly for amd64?)

Sean Chittenden sean at chittenden.org
Thu Feb 24 08:33:13 GMT 2005

So, buried in the last email I sent out was the actual panic string for
the dumps I've been having.  Has anyone else seen this or is this a
known problem?  I haven't been able to extract a correct dump yet.  I
just dd(1)'ed the swap partition hoping that next time it dumps, there
will be a clean dump that I can extract a backtrace from, however I'm
not too hopeful that this will work as a fix for me.  Regardless, I'd
assume that twa(1) + amd64 work fine together?  This crash seems to
emanate from the file system code so I doubt it's driver related.
Anyone know what could lead to this?  Feel free to send me in the
direction of fs@ if I'm not the only one having this problem or that
this isn't amd64 specific.  Right now I can generally trigger this once
every 24hrs, so it's becoming something of a problem for me and without
a valid dump, I'm not sure where to begin.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden