Matrox G400DH + amd64

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Feb 22 13:27:49 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 14:15, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> I've thought about kicking out my celeron 600 and get a new amd64 system
> (Asus A8V) - AGP because I want to reuse my old G400DH. I know that the
> binary drivers matrox supplies are only fuer i386... but did someone took
> the source and tried to compile it with xorg/xfree and amd64? Did it work?
> If not.. any suggestion for a new graphic card which gives me the
> opportunity to connect two CRT monitors to it (no DVI) and is supported
> by xorg (xinerama)?

My G450 + two monitors works / worked fine (found out I didn't like xinerama
at all), nothing special to be done about it, using whatever xorg provides.
glgears puts in a lousy 182 fps, but this is a workstation, not a gaming rig,
so who cares?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot