Can't compile jdk15 on amd64 5.3-STABLE

Nicolas Blais nb_root at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 13 16:35:58 PST 2005

On February 13, 2005 19:30, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 02:33:42PM -0500, Nicolas Blais wrote:
> > So far I've been running linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.06_1 successfully on my box
> > and works great in konqueror but not at all in firefox. So I tried to
> > compile jdk15 and it gives me the following error:

> > I googled around and found
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2005-February/003446.html
> > and several replies but no real fix for me. Apparently I'm not the only
> > one in this situation.
> >
> > From what I understand, the command "javac" that is executed before the
> > fail point is 25814 characters long and on my 5.3-STABLE machine I max
> > out at 16384 characters (according to many configure scripts).
>
> I'm willing to MFC what ever is needed to make this work, but I really
> can't parse this.
>
> You can build jdk15 on FreeBSD/AMD64 6-CURRENT, right?
> You cannot build jdk15 on FreeBSD/AMD64 6-CURRENT, right?
> You feel this is due to a difference in the maxium command line size (in
> characters), right?

Actually, I can build jdk15 on a amd64 6-CURRENT machine and I can't on a
amd64 5.3-STABLE. Yes I believe  (as well as others) that it is due to a
maximum command line size (as mentioned, the javac command during that point
in the makefile is about 25000 char long and on my -STABLE I can only get
16384)

Thanks for any help
Nicolas