About the cursed Compaq R3000

Coleman Kane zombyfork at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:12:53 PST 2005

I think you will also need to apply the skip_timer_override patch,
available here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2005-January/003320.html
You will want to set the sysctl in loader.conf

There's also a cradbus (PCI) patch, in addition.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2005-January/003365.html

There is another sysctl+patch that you will need to get as well. This
one is for the APIC:
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-amd64/2005-January/003376.html

You'll also want to set hw.apic.skip_set_extint=1 in loader.conf as
well to activate this one. I think both of these will enable the timer
to actually work in freebsd.

--
coleman kane