Compaq R3000Z status

Coleman Kane zombyfork at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:33:04 PST 2005

Hey, if you are looking for an amd64 laptop, get the e-machines or
gateway 2000 one. There are many less headaches and it works right off
the bat withn 5.3-release. The HP and Compaq ones will require you to
maintain a long list of patchsets to keep them up and running.

check out my page on both:
http://www.cokane.org/amd64.html

I have a Gateway 7422gx that I got from best buy (US mega-chain). It
works great! I would recommend taking a boot cd into the store with
you to test it out, thats what I did. The sales people typically get a
cut of whatever they are selling so they will let you do what you
want.