hardware spec question...

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 5 14:29:44 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:08:11PM -0500, mikel king wrote:
> I am trying to ramp up on the amd64 technology. I would like to assemble
> a cheap dual cpu worstation/low end server. I found one fairly
> affordable board and am curious if anyone elase has  had experience with
> this product?
> http://www.superwarehouse.com/p.cfm?p=332508&CMP=KA18442

This product is fine.  You won't get the performance you could from a 4+4
(vs. 4+0) DIMM configuration.  But you've already made the $/performance
decision.  This board will give higher performance than a 1P Opteron
server board such as the Tyan K8S Tomcat (s2850).

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)