amd64/87977 : [busdma] [panic] amd64 busdma dflt_lock called (by ata) if physmem>4G

Thomas Hurst tom at hur.st
Tue Dec 27 12:40:12 PST 2005

The following reply was made to PR amd64/87977; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Hurst <tom at hur.st>
To: Attila Nagy <bra at fsn.hu>
Cc: freebsd-amd64 at FreeBSD.org, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/87977 : [busdma] [panic] amd64 busdma dflt_lock called (by ata) if physmem>4G
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:31:22 +0000

 * Attila Nagy (bra at fsn.hu) wrote:

 > I believe this is fixed in CURRENT. On 6-STABLE you can set hw.physmem
 > to use a smaller amount of memory or switch to the ata driver before
 > 2005.10.08.

 Thanks for the pointer.  I grabbed sys/dev/ata and sys/sys/ata.h off
 my CURRENT laptop and popped it on my RELENG_6 Opteron and it appears
 to work fine with all 4G -- I can pull data off all 4 disks at >250M/s
 without trouble when I could previously not even get past mounting
 filesystems.

 Hope to see this merged before too long, but for now at least this pr is
 a little bit more useful :)

 --
 Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
     http://hur.st/