make depend fails releng_6

David Taylor davidt at yadt.co.uk
Sun Dec 25 13:45:46 PST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Vasil Dimov wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 11:51:24AM -0200, JoaoBR wrote:
> > ===> acpi (obj)
> > "Makefile", line 4: "ACPI can only be compiled into the kernel on the amd64
> > and ia64 platforms"
> > *** Error code 1
> > #######
> > make.conf
> > #######
> > MODULES_OVERRIDE=acpi splash bridge if_bridge
>
> You are requesting to build acpi as a module, which is
> not possible on amd64

Which is almost the opposite of how I read that error message.

It seems to say that ACPI can only be compiled into the kernel if you're
running amd64/ia64, that is, if you're not running amd64/ia64 you can't
compile acpi into the kernel.  Of course, the intended meaning is as you
say, but it could perhaps be clearer.

--
David Taylor