www/86888: new motherboard for the amd64

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Dec 20 02:02:36 PST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 07:44, spil oss wrote:
> João,
>
> As for the sk, I think you're running into a different problem which
> I'm told has something to do with Interrupt-routing. For my ancient
> 3com 3c575 the workaround was to use polling on the card (although I'm
> hoping for a fix as polling takes too much resource on that ancient
> laptop). This does require a kernel with polling support.
> See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/87114
> Maybe it helps someone here if you list the specific model/version of
> the NIC that uses this SysKonnect driver.
>
> Have you tried booting with acpi disabled?

The Asus A8V does not boot with acpi disabled and polling did not made any
difference and I believe sk do not support polling

The IF is onboard and probed as:

skc0: <Marvell Gigabit Ethernet> port 0xb400-0xb4ff mem 0xfa500000-0xfa503fff
irq 17 at device 10.0 on pci0
skc0: Marvell Yukon Lite Gigabit Ethernet rev. (0x9)
sk0: <Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. Yukon> on skc0

thanks, João