www/86888: new motherboard for the amd64

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Dec 20 01:31:09 PST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 06:32, spil oss wrote:
> After installing 6-RELEASE using
> ftp://ftp.nl.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.0/6.0-RELEA
>SE-i386-disc1.iso nve is giving me the device timeouts (as I expected)
> http://www.nl.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html reports
> nve being fine in 6-BETA5 though.
>
> After timeout (64) the network was gone.

I have similar problems with R-6 amd64 but with sk and fxp driver

without any reason I get such events

sk0: link state changed to UP
sk0: watchdog timeout
sk0: link state changed to DOWN

and

fxp0: DMA timeout
fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff
fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff

for sure the HUB is Ok and no other physical problem
the sk error ocurres normally in idle hours and the fxp anytime

when the sk event happens the traffic goes still through

when the fxp error appears traffic stops on that interface and the IF status
change to
status: active
media Ethernet autoselect (none)

the xl I have installed do not give any problem at all

this is an ASUS A8V with amd64 processor, I thought this could be an acpi
problem because the dsdt is giving lots of errors when compiling it, indeed
it does not compile at all.

I do not have this problems with the same HW and 5.4-R

João